What is an energy body?
The body actually exists on many dimensional planes all at once. These many dimensions are all part of the subtle body. Historically and most commonly known are the Chakras which are energetic centers within the subtle body.
Ancient Indian Texts speak of special energy centers called chakras – which from the Sanskrit word means ‘wheels of energy’. According to intuitives and other healers these chakras are said to resemble whirling vortices of subtle energy.
The Chakras can act as a conduit between the subtle energy realm and the more dense three dimensional world of the physiological body. The chakras are also related to the meridians, and the energy movement throughout the body known as Qi.
From a physiological standpoint, the chakras appear to be involved with the flow of higher energies via specific subtle energetic channels into the cellular structure of the physical body. One aspect of the chakras is that they seem to function as an energy transformer, facilitating the transmutation of energy of a higher frequency to a lower energy level. This in turn can then be translated into different physiological functions such as hormone regulation.
There appear to be seven major chakras associated with the physical body. Each of the chakras is associated with a major nerve plexus and a major endocrine gland. The chakras are seen to ascend from the base of the spine to the top of the head.
The seven chakras are:
- Root chakra – near the coccyx
- Second chakra – sacral chakra, located either just below the umbilicus or near the spleen.
- Solar Plexus chakra – lies in the upper middle abdomen below the tip of the sternum,
- Heart chakra – lies in the midsternal region directly over the heart and thymus gland.
- Throat chakra – situated in the neck near the adam’s apple, directly over the thyroid gland.
- Third eye chakra – is in the region of the mid forehead, slightly above the bridge of the nose.
- Crown chakra – is located on the top of the head.
According to literature – The chakras translate energy to the endocrine system of the body – see the image below.
When the mind and its thoughts and perceptions – whether conscious or unconscious act in alignment with higher energy health is the result. When the perceptions of our world become convoluted with cultural and societal bias, then an imbalance can arise. Left unattended to and if of enough significance this discord within the energetic system can lead to physiological changes and ultimately disease.